Re: The Great Race

To: Amy Turner <ltturner@usit.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The Great Race
From: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 23:34:52 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Amy,

The "Tan" and "Burgundy" cars look like 1936 Fords, both coupes.

I have a cousin (actaully my dad's cousin) who participates in this sort of
thing. He tours in a 1911 Red Buick. He recently sold his gorgeous,
pristine 1940 Ford Roadster to get himself a Packard. I know that the tour
he participates in is in the South... maybe he was there.

Gerard

At 12:49 AM -0400 6/10/99, Amy Turner wrote:
>If you want to see what happens in a small town when the Great Race passes
>through, check out my photo album at
>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=17604&a=252632 .  Please forgive
>my captions which read, for the most part, "Red car," "Yellow car," etc.
>I'll gladly welcome any help identifying these machines.
>
>To keep this LBC related (if not specifically Spridget related), I was
>disappointed that I didn't see any British cars in the running.  The rules
>state that the cars must be pre-1950 to compete for the trophy, although
>there are some cars that join in just for the tour.  Anyone who can afford
>the car, lodging, food, repairs, and the $6000 entry fee can join in.  Isn't
>that nice of the organizers?
>
>So which pre-1950 British car would be best to rally 4,000 miles across
>America?
>
>Saving my pennies,
>Amy

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux