MGB GT

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB GT
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 07:25:54 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Well I went and eyeballed the GT--I couldn't get into the storage compound,
but I looked it over through the chain link fence.  Looked pretty sad sitting
there, but the car looked pretty much intact.  Headlight rims had been
removed--all body panels there--rust in the places you would expect.  The
bonnet and front fender (right) that I could see looked good as did the front
bumper.  Rust on the rockers andfront ofthe right rear fender.  I couldnt see
the left side or rear.  Really good glass all around.  Rusty Wire wheels with
half flat tires.  It is an English vehicle--with right hand steering andthe
big English license plate.  Could not see, of course, under the hood--I THINK
the engine and tranny are still with the car.

Anyway-I called the guy and told him I was interested in taking it off his
hands for FREE!, which is what he offered.  He travels a lot in his job, and
we will be traveling a little since school is out (going to the British Car
Race and Meet at Mid-ohio, Lexington, OH on June 26--any other listers be
there?) so we arranged to call one another in 2-3 weeks to arrange a pickup.
I will have to borrow a tow dolly and an air tank.  Now to figure out where
to put her!!!! Hmmmmm!!!

Will continue to keep you posted.  I truly cannot say what I will do with the
car at this time--I want to first evaluate it for restorability, of course,
but if it becomes a parts car, I may have some B parts available--trade for
Midget/Sprite parts or cold beer, sell at a reasonable price to help me buy
Midget/Sprite parts, or some to just give away--depending on what the parts
are.

----David 8^)