MGB Hive - Any Experiences

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Hive - Any Experiences
From: Philip Hubbard <hubbard@idir.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 22:53:05 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello fellow listers,

I've been doing some musing as to how to handle my '73 Midget project body
work.  I've got a line on a nice shell for a 1970 for cheap, but I lose the
RWA.  There's also a possibility of putting my guts into a 1968 for that
classic older look.  Then there's just gutting it out and sticking with
fixing the '73 which isn't really that far gone.

Here's the question.  Assuming I go with option three and keep on keepin'
on with the '73, I may need new rear fenders.  Patches aren't available for
the round wheel arch models - you have to buy the whole wing or nothing at
all.  VB sells for about $270.  Ouch!  Used are real, real hard to come by.
 But I found that MGB Hive in England has them for 60 pounds sterling.  At
today's exchange rate of 1 pound = $1.60 that still is only $96.  Man, I'll
take 10 or 12, please!  That price should make it worth the ordering even
with shipping.  What say you all?  Has anyone had dealings with MGB Hive?
They seem to be on the up and up.  Anyone in England use them?  Anyone in
the States do mail order from them?

Thanks for any opinions.

Philip
1974 Damask Midget - Arioch, Lord of Chaos
1973 Damask Midget - Unnamed