Upgrade questions

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Upgrade questions
From: AHSprite78@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 12:34:22 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Well, I've got the Sprite as a working car now.  I'm pretty pleased with it
in general.  I've just got a few questions about performance upgrades.

The tach for one thing doesn't register correctly, but I'll get to that
later.  I was thinking of upgrading to the crane cams electronic ignition or
the pertronic ignitor electronic ignition.  Suggestions? Other systems? Would
replacing this help with the tach?

Also I'm looking into replacing the coil, I've looked at the Bosch super coil
(red or blue?,) the 3 crane cams coils (stock 25,000v street 40,000v and
chrome 70,000v), and the Lucas Sport coil (40,000v) suggestions comments on
coils?

Finally (for now) the rear suspension.  It feels like it's loose.  I used the
springs that I got with the car, who knows how old those are.  What I'm
considering is new rear springs and the rear tube shock conversion with
either Carrera shocks (Winner's Circle) or the Spax ones from Victoria.  Is
something like a panhard bar or maybe even a rear sway bar worth looking
into?  Any suggestions and comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Matthew Smith
'67 Sprite