Re: Some Torque

To: john.gronberg@us.landisstaefa.com
Subject: Re: Some Torque
From: Paul A Asgeirsson <pasgeirsson@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 13:43:07 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On Wed, 16 Jun 1999 10:25:03 -0500 Gronberg John
<john.gronberg@us.landisstaefa.com> writes:
>I would just like to confirm some torque specifications.  I have a
>1975
>Midget 1275cc engine.
>Cylinder head nuts             50 Lbs.
        42 ft/lbs on plain studs
        50 ft/lbs on studs stamped 22 or with drill point

>That includes the four smallerrocker pedistal nuts also.
        NO! NO! to 50!
        25 ft/lbs on the smaller pedestal studs

>Thermostat housing nuts?
        Good time now to remive the studs here and use grade 5 bolts.
Then you        can get the thermostat housing off easily in the future.
        Calls for 8 ft/lbs

>Intake manifold                        15 Lbs.
        Right on for 15 ft/lbs

Have fun on assembly.  If you are using the ARP studs, follow their
instructions supplied with the studs.

Paul
PAsgeirsson@juno.com