Re: Buying a "kit " car

To: Hal Faulkner <faulkner@redshift.com>
Subject: Re: Buying a "kit " car
From: Carolyn/Rick <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 09:52:43 -0700
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Hal,

I guess insanity runs in my family.  I've started on another project 4 months
back.  Actually,  there are some that say until you rebuild the car, it  isn't
really truly yours.  It is in fact a fun job.  I really enjoyed it.  Takes lots
of patients, some money, and a whole lot of work.  But when you are complete,
and you get that first award.  You stand there with a lot of pride thinking I
did that.

Money wise, I've seen a bug-i from 500 to $3000.  It all depends on how much you
can do.  There is help on the list, thank god for that.  I paid $3500 for 4
cars.  Three of them bug-i's, one square bumper all in pieces.  Took 5 truck
loads each with a trailer to get them home.  Price depends on condition.  You
will pay more for a partially restored car.

The only tool I can recommend is lots of patience.

Good luck

Rick AKA Ricwa Coole

--
52 MGTD,Sparky    74 MGB, B-tris    76 XJ12 Coupe, Jacque
60 Bugeye, Puddles      58 MGA Coupe, Ruby