Friday spridget musings, Was: Calling All Midgets

To: Herb_Goede@amsinc.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Friday spridget musings, Was: Calling All Midgets
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 16:47:04 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
You sick 'em, Herb!

Actually, after reading a lot about the Healeys, MG, and BMC, I'm convinced
that we should make new badging for the cars, brass tops, key fobs, and
everything. The original Sprite design was pure Healey - heck, a lot of was
Geoff Healey. But, production was all MG Abingdon. As the son of a
production engineer, this means to me that the car is a true amalgam of MG
and Healey, and not just because they all were built in the same factory.
>From what I've read, the workforce at MG was what made MG cars special.
Conversely, what made Healeys special was the Healey team - Donald and
Geoff Healey, Roger Menadue, the works department, etc. So, our cars get
the best of both worlds: best designers, developers, engineers, and
constuctors. Yep, pretty much, the rest of the car world should bow to us
reverantly. Of course, the car really should be called the MGAH Spridget.
This, in fact, is the final name to the Star Wars thread...

Drive 'em hard this weekend,

Jeff

At 3:35 PM -0400 6/18/99, Herb_Goede@amsinc.com wrote:
> Phil
>
> Don't give me that poor little MG garb***.  Ever tried to buy an AH logo
> brass top for your carbs?  How about a key with the Sprite symbol on it?
> Chrome covers for H1s.
>
> Big Healey owners treat us worse than Porsche 911 owners treat the 914
> crowd.  You know "Sprites aren't real Healeys 'cause they were made in
> Abbingdon".
>
> As you can see the therapy has not been effective.
> Herb G.

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision
http://www.molvis.org/molvis