Re: 5-Speed Sunny/210 'box:- need advice, please.

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 5-Speed Sunny/210 'box:- need advice, please.
From: "Guy" <Guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 19:08:48 +0100
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Ron,
I am also interested in a 5-spd conversion for my 1275 Sprite, having got so
used now to having overdrive on my 1500 Midget.
As far as I can tell the Datsun/ Nissan gearboxes are pretty rare now in UK.
How about seeing if someone will find you one and ship it over the water.
The Toyota box requires a fair bit of bodywork mods.
Daniel (are you out there Daniel) seems to favour using a Sierra gearbox.
Plenty of them, very strong and apparently there is a German bellhousing kit
that makes it a straight bolt on job.

Glad you got some summer last week.  Still waiting for ours, although it
hasn't been too bad I suppose.  Just Lake District torrential rain,
euphemistically referred to as sunshine & showers!

Guy
PS not related to Steve Corry, architect, are you ? (friend of mine)