Taking two springs and making one

To: "Spridgets@autox.team.net" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Taking two springs and making one
From: Patton Dickson <kpdii@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 10:3:26 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
First and formost I know that this isn't a great idea...  THIS IS TEMPORARY

Hi Everybody,

As I have said before, I have a broken right rear spring on the car right now.
Because if this,
the car has been up in the air for the last two months.  I really want to put
it back on the
ground until I have the money to buy new rear springs, and that is fairly low
on the list
as far as priorities go.  I really want to put that $150 into the engine bottom
end and replace the
clutch.

Since I have another rear spring that also has broken leaves, but different
broken leaves
is it possible to take both of them apart and making one complete spring to use
while I am
working on other parts of the car?  Any hints for doing this?

Thanks,

Patton