Re: Front end goes "clunk"

To: Scott Johnston <sjonston@dreamscape.com>
Subject: Re: Front end goes "clunk"
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 09:35:42 -0400
Cc: "Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Scott -

Sounds like it to me.  The other possibilities are way less pleasant
(steering rack, kingpin bushings, fulcrum pin).

I'd slide under the front bumper and have a friend rock the wheel &
crank the steering and see what I could observe/feel.

Put your hand on the tie rod end and have them crank the steering.  If
the play is there, you'll feel it.

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net