Re: Uh oh( heathkit...)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Uh oh( heathkit...)
From: Thecarguru@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 22:55:30 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
My dad has worked for Fluke electronics for nearly 29 years. He is also an
avid Ham Radio nut. So we always had a room just crammed full of radios,
amps, coax, and most of all electronic meters and gizmos. He built the
Heathkit  timing light and a dwell/rpm/volt meter which I inherited in my
teens. I still use them both today.
But the thing he built from Heathkit that totally changed my life, was a home
stereo reciever/amp he built in the late seventies. Still in use at my folks
house. It had enough watts to shake the windows and I will never forget the
day I discovered the "loud" button.
Heathkit ROCKED !!!
Gary
75 Midget daily use (with Heathkit timing light and dwell meter in the boot
right now!)
75 Midget project car