Re: [No LBC] Warning:- on Soapbox - Wow! 250+ e-mails.

To: corry@iol.ie, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [No LBC] Warning:- on Soapbox - Wow! 250+ e-mails.
From: Lmacy1211@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 09:23:48 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

>Hi Listers,
>
>Been away for a few days, and I find I have now more than 250 e-mails
>to read, (not all are from this list) and some possibly, to respond to. As I
>started working through the backlog, a number of thoughts occured to me.
I understand that. I can hit 3-400 over a weekend (gotta drop some of
those lists)

>I thing it so amusing to find that the "Subject" heading, can run for a long
>time without any amendment or change, while the body of the mesage can
>move to a quite different subject, and may even not be about the list subject
>at all. I can appreciate though, that there may be others, whose time is
>more
>limited, or who are more stressed-out than me, who would not feel so happy
>about this. That  "Montana Bob" syndrome, perhaps?
Gota agree - except it makes it easier to find a thread I have been
following.

>I suppose the right answer here is that if I am stupid enough not to remember
>to un-subscribe, then I should suffer the consequences. But.... I don't
>want to
>miss any e-mail which informs or humours me in relation to Spridgets.
When I am going to be aware from a computer for a while. I unsubscribe
and then subscribe to the digest (if there is one) Then when I return and
walk into an interesting thread I can go back and see where it started.
(This is where Sherlock's Find by Content comes in real handy [Shameless
Mac Plug])

>Right, I'm off the soapbox. Thanks for reading thus far. Now back to the
>garage.
>
>Ron in an a "Mist";  Irish, of course!
>'59 Sprite "Oggibip"   [40, Sunday week!]
Snipped for clarity

Larry

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?