Re: Rich 1500 Midget

To: pheysey <pheysey@enol.com>
Subject: Re: Rich 1500 Midget
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 18:40:00 -0400
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
pheysey wrote:

> It's time for my yearly emmissions check, and I know that my 78 midget
> is running far too rich.  is there anyone who could tell me what special
> tools I need and some instructions on setting the carburator to the
> proper level?

  The need the cheap and simple "Stromberg adjustment tool",
which is basically an allen key with a special collar on it
to hold the diaphragm from turning.

  First, check that the choke is fully coming off, that's
usually the cause of rich running on these carbs.

  If that all checks out, give the adjustment a small
turn and try the car for a while. (sorry I forget which
way, I beleive clockwise is lean?)

  Don't listen to the "bin the Stromberg" crowd, if you
know what you are doing you can make the car run very
well indeed.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca