Confession Time (was Wet Ignition)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Confession Time (was Wet Ignition)
From: Dave Hiley <dhiley@cadvision.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 18:20:18 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
To continue the story ....

Well maybe it wasn't wet ignition after all.  I now have reason to believe
then problem was fuel starvation.

Immediately prior to it shutting down last night I was driving very
vigorously through a set of 'S' corners.  Today I drove it up to the
muffler shop and on the way home it did run out of petrol.  I knew the
gauge wasn't accurate but I thought I could make it home and didn't want to
put gas in because tomorrow's project is to install my WC panhard kit which
means dropping the gas tank.

Thanks for all the suggestions.  In the meantime I have taken the dizzy cap
off and cleaned it up which can't be all bad.

Hope the sun's shining where you are, its not here.
dave