Re: Shop safety & kitchen safety

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Shop safety & kitchen safety
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 16:11:44 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, land-speed@autox.team.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Keith Turk wrote:

> I stuck a Razor knife in my hand today and got to get carried to the ER to
> get my 5 stitches cause I was stupid.....
>
> Cutting or scraping a Gasket off .... NEVER CUT TOWARDS yourself.....I
> taught Boyscouts for years.... and I know better.... but in a hurry to
> repair an air compressor which went down.... I did it anyway.... it was
> dumb and it Hurts...

Keith,

I spent two days in the garage, using all kinds or power tools, razor
blades, pointy things - not a scratch.

I come inside to make a sandwich and cut my thumb open pretty badly with
the cheese slicer...

Never hold the block of cheese in your hand while slicing. :-)

http://students.washington.edu/~ulix/         '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9