Tach is out....

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Tach is out....
From: Jason Urban <jurban@p3.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 08:37:19 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
The tach finally went out on the Sprite.  Before it went totally dead, it
would work sometimes and not at all other times.  This weekend I checked
all wiring, including the hookup to the Crane ignition and everything
seemed OK.  I then opened the tach to check for loose connections.
Everything seemed OK inside as far as wiring.

But is that a diode inside the tach??  If so, I tested no voltage drop
across it.  Is this supposed to be the standard 0.7v drop??  Does anyone
know the spec for this diode so another one can be found??

Thanks,
Jason.