Re: Ground Clearance

To: Larry Miller <millerls@ado13.com>
Subject: Re: Ground Clearance
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 16:30:55 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hey Larry,
don't change it!
This way you can crawl under the car w/o jacking it up.

Listers, check it out:
http://www.ado13.com/redcar/RedcarFrame.html

Larry, I was mainly looking at the space between tire and fender.  I think
it looks best when the wheel is centered in the opening all around.  Many
Sprites do look like that.

Ulix
P.S. I showed it to my office mate with a 4x4 truck.
He is sooo jealous...

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, Larry Miller wrote:

> Ulix is making fun of how high my Bugeye sits. Can someone with a stock
> height Bugeye give me some measurements, say at the side, right behind the
> front wheel and right ahead of the rear wheel.
>
> I would like them from someone who is pretty sure that their car is at
> stock/original ride height.
>
> This will give me something to shoot for over the winter.
>
> You can thank Ulix for this question.
>
> Larry Miller
> http://www.ado13.com
> "BACK UP MY HARD DRIVE?  HOW DO I PUT IT IN REVERSE?"

http://students.washington.edu/~ulix/         '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9