Re: Mid-Ohio

To: "Jay Bourgraf" <jaybird@isoc.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mid-Ohio
From: "Bruce Woodward" <brucewoodward@kconline.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 20:40:58 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Well, Jay,

If you showed up on Sunday, you missed the real heart of the "British
Showdown" on Saturday.

by my recollection there was only one box sprite, a 67 in BRG and two
frogeyes.  as for Midgets, there were 10 in the judging and I counted six
others in attendance.

Jag 120 & 140's galorem MGA's as far as the eye could see, and oh yeah, the
Triumphs showed up also.   I would guess that there was a minimum of 300
cars in the showdown and most of them took to the track for a few parade
laps.  As I was at the head of the field, I looked in my mirrors at the kink
of the straight and saw a line of British cars wrapped around the keyhole,
and to my right, cars still filing out onto the track from the staging area,
over a mile of cars lined up two by two.

I intended to come down to the infield Sunday, but Sprint was supplying free
beer and food on the fourth floor of the tower, and it was air conditioned
and dry, a first for me in 29 years of going to Mid-Ohio.

I did meet David (sorry, can't remember last names) lancer7676@aol.com on
Saturday, we were both wearing our Spridgeteer shirts.  Sorry we missed you.

Can you believe how that spridget ran away from the 1500 spitfires on
Sunday?

bruce@woodward-realty.com