Re: Lowering kit

To: "Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D." <pauld@ekpc.com>
Subject: Re: Lowering kit
From: Steven Fooshee <fooshst@stumail.gc.cc.fl.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 15:35:50 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
        Were they from a RB car? I know the bumper regs sent our little cars a
lot higher. If they are just stiffer, it will make the car tend to
understeer, which is commonly accepted to be the "safer" handling vice.
If you don't drive near the limit, you may never notice this.

"Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D." wrote:

> List,
>
> I successfully completed the rear spring installation last night!
>
> I've also got a 3.7:1 differential coming.
>
> Will two wrongs make a right?
> Last spring, I installed a pair of front springs that I bought when
> Special Interest liquidated all of their Spriget parts.  After being
> installed, I suspect they sent me a pair for a 1500 because the
> front of the car is too far off of the ground.  So, I bought a lowering
> kit for the front end.  Will the stiffer (or larger?) front springs give me
> poor performance?  Should I replace the springs or will the lowering
> kit be okay?
>
> I'm almost there!
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

> Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D.
> Lexington, KY
> 606/744-4812 ext. 389
> '66 A/H Sprite MK III: HAN8L-55641
> '66 A/H Sprite MK III: HAN8L-59017
> '69 A/H Sprite MK IV: Parts car

1987 RX-7 TII:
APEXiboneztokicohoosierdaddiesgreddyeibachlowesmagnecorcone
MCMLXIX Sprite: "Motor Toad" Start, Toad, start!
1990 Suzuki GS 500-E: Will trade for a 900SS Ducati.
Woodstock: Peace, love, music, riot.