Weekend Cruise

To: mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Weekend Cruise
From: Lmacy1211@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 15:22:55 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Just thought I'd touch base with the weekends adventures. Whilst others
were visiting Ian's Brewery, we was cruising. Went from Lansdale, PA to
Resaca Falls to visit eldest daughter. Took youngest daughter along for
the ride. Drove up 476 to Allentown and through the tunnel ( first time
in the Midget in a tunnel - not sure why I missed them before but did)
Topped out about 120 miles. Got a campground and set up the tent etc.
(Never been camping in a Midget? Give it a shot - you find out what is
really important) Then went to campgound  where eldest works (Boy Scout
Camp - daughter is Pool Director [Mike G shut your face]) When we left it
was one of those "can't see hand in front of face" deals. Walked down a
hill and had to try to find the MIdget. After we found it, it is really
interesting driving a bent MG on curvy roads at night. On the right hand
turns you can see all the way around the corner in the headlights, on the
lefts it is really dark.

Sat AM cruised up to Bushkill Falls. Really cool place - but lack of rain
in PA has reduced them to a trickle. Then cruised to the scout camp for
family day. Kind of different walking around a bunch of kids (15-23 yo)
that all wanna talk about my car. Kind of exhilerating as well. (had to
ride in a Dodge Caravan to a lake on a raod they said the Midget wouldn't
go - didn't wanna argue w/ future inlaws - but I coulda done better than
he did, and w/o scraping the front frame.

Sun AM packed up and cruised back to Lansdale. We were being chased by a
yellow Prosche 911 at one point in time but I lost him in the twisties
;-).  Durn reality sets in - he turned off.

200+ miles top down cruising on hot days - no problem!!

Larry

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?