Blow-by?

To: "Spridgets (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Blow-by?
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@workgroup.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 17:48:37 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I took the Midget to a mechanic today (right behind where I work) and he
said he found a lot of blow-by, which would explain all the smoke.

Now, I've been checking the archives and I'm still not totally sure I know
what blow-by is and what it means.  He said that a ring could be stuck or
broken, and if stuck, that it might clear up.  Is this really telling me I
need a ring job, or could it be something else?  Should I just keep changing
the oil and hope for the best?  I'm not going to do a ring job while my
other car sits in the garage wanting attention.  :-)

Thanks!
adrian,
'75 Midget that runs well although it smokes (even impressed the mechanic)

J. Adrian Barnes, MCP
Business Information Group
http://www.workgroup.net

http://www.midgetweb.com