Re: Dim Headlights

To: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Subject: Re: Dim Headlights
From: Michael Dietsche <mdietsche@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 13:59:39 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: MG List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Try running a hot jumper directly from battery hot to the hot terminal on the
lamp.  If the lamp is still dim, you have a bad ground.  If the lamp lights
brightly when jumped directly to the battery, then you have resistance in the
hot supply circuit to the lamps (either in the connectors, or the switch, or
the harness itself).  Since both lamps are dim, a look at the wiring diagram
should offer some clues, since whatever the problem is affects both sides. The
fault must therefore be in a place in the circuit that could affect both
sides....

MD

--- robert weeks <robert@woozy.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I 'm  trying to trace the cause of my headlights being so dangerously dim.
> I've cleaned all of the contacts and replaced many of the old Lucas
> connectors with new Lucas connectors. I've also cleaned the ground that is
> on the front passenger side wheel well. Are there more grounds associated
> with the lighting circut? If so where are they?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robert

===

Michael B. Dietsche, P.E.