Any other left-handed Spridget options?

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Any other left-handed Spridget options?
From: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 15:16:30 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bill Gilroy wrote...

>PS. You never got back to me about the left handed steering wheel.

Wow... a left handed steering wheel!  What other Midget features come in
left handed versions?

We southpaws are truly an ignored minority.  I'd love a set of carbs that
mount on the other side of the engine, for instance.  (Just changed the
airfilters last night.)  Or the gas cap on the driver's side of the car.  If
I had my way, there would be a left-handed choke cable mounted about where
the vent control resides.

Actually, I was told  recently that the incidence of left-handedness amongst
British sportscar owners is signifcantly greater than that of the overall
population.  Does anyone else believe it?

On a more serious note... I have since fully recovered from my mechanic's
comment that the Midget's problems with rust and neglect are beyond repair.
A new rear suspension spring hanger will soon be ordered (the old fixture is
rusted almost beyond recognition) and I'll be shopping around for a
competent welding shop soon.

Also on the agenda is to address the rust areas on the front of the bonnet.
The blemishes are in the usual spot, right on the front area, and I have the
following question:  Cost wise, am I better off looking for a hood on a
parts car, or simply purhcasing a rust-free replacement bonnet from the kind
folks at, say, Moss Motors.  I understand that the two-layered nature of the
bonnet makes rust repair a difficult proposition.

One further question:  Has anyone ordered one of those dashboard overlays
(about $50.00 or so) to coverup the sun-cracking just by the windshield?
What do they look like installed?  Is it even noticeable?  Was it worth the
money?

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget