Windshield to body weather stripping (bugeye)

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Windshield to body weather stripping (bugeye)
From: "Robert J Carlson" <rjcarlson@webzone.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 11:49:08 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Has anyone recently installed new weather stripping between the bottom of
the windscreen and the body on a bugeye? After fighting with the
installation for a few hours, I've come to the conclusion that no amount of
lubricant would enable this to be done. After talking with a local glass
shop, they suggested that the rubber could be cut down for a better fit and
then 'sealed' with a common weather stripping seal.

My guess is that the leading edge of the "T" on the rubber couls be slightly
cut to fit - then sealed. (Assuming that the press fit onto the body would
exert most of the stress to the back edge of the "T"?)

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.