re: Overwhelmed by mechanic

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Overwhelmed by mechanic
From: conan@ralvm8.vnet.ibm.com
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 99 17:20:32 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
>> Wipers now work, but cannot be turned off unless you pull some plug

  My '65 Mustang works like this.  I believe it's a problem with whatever
it is inside the wiper motor/gearbox that tells the wipers to 'park'.
  The shop manual for my Mustang says I have to remove the wiper motor
and partially disassemble it to set some clearance to make it park the
wipers correctly.  Since it's been 90-100 degrees, I'm no mechanic, and
I'd have to crawl up under the dash to even get the wiper motor out...
I have not even attempted the fix yet. ;-) :-)
  I think Spridget wiper motors are LOTS easier to get to. :-) :-) :-)
  So for now I just turn the wiper switch off, put the car in neutral and
turn the engine off at the right time to 'park' the wipers while the car
just coasts down I-40, then restart the engine and drive on.  (The wipers
have to turn ON to pass inspection, but they -don't- have to turn OFF. ;-) )
    Ed in NC