Re: Turning it over...

To: "Eric Russell" <redhotsprite@hotmail.com>, <LBCarNut@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Turning it over...
From: "Bob Askew" <robert_askew@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 22:19:57 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Although my MK III Sprite hadn't been standing so long I also recently had
a seized pistons problem. Rocking the car in fourth didn't work. What did
work was to pour penetrating fluid into the cylinders for a few days. Then
remove the starter motor and carefully lever the flywheel by the ring gear
using a tire iron. Once there is a little movement work it back and forth
until there is about an inch movement. Then replace the penetrating fluid
with 5/30 engine oil and continue working it back and forth. Once you get a
complete revolution then put the vehicle in fourth and roll it back and
forth to free things up. it worked for me and now the car is running

----------
> From: Eric Russell <redhotsprite@hotmail.com>
> To: LBCarNut@aol.com; spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Turning it over...
> Date: Thursday, August 19, 1999 5:31 PM
>
> Thanks to all who replied, but I guess I should have provided more
details.
> I would have done the whole put it in 4th and move it, if I could. See,
the
> car is parked on a hill, in a specific spot. I can't really move it until
it
> is ready to move on its own.
>
> The remote starter idea. Does anyone know where I can find one of these?
The