RE: Wiper mtr placement

To: "'Ric Otte'" <otte@cats.ucsc.edu>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Wiper mtr placement
From: Tony and Katherine Wattwood <tkwattwo@gdi.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 23:06:48 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Ric,
I just had the same problem when I converted by bugeye to dual circuit brakes.
I think you can retain the orginal wiper motor and mounting position.  What you
want to do is just space the motor straight up so that it clears the new brake
cylinder mounting.  Make three spacers from some tubing (approximately 2" ea.),
buy some longer 10-32 bolts and put the spacer between the the wiper motor and
the original mount.  Use the longer screws in place of the orginal mounting
screws.  I'm still piecing my bugeye back together, but the motor seems to
operate just fine on the new "stilts".    Hope it works for you!

Tony