Re: exhaust bandage (waste of time)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: exhaust bandage (waste of time)
From: Richard Shipman <mbelect@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 11:27:20 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Jeff,

My personal opinion is that you should just bite the bullet and replace the
offending pipe... they are quite inexpensive and if you value your time at
all, it is really false economy to dig that far into the exhaust system to
do a temporary patch on an old rusty pipe that is probably ready to start
leaking in a new spot as soon as you patch the existing leak.

Once you start tearing the old system apart to do your "patch", you will
soon find that the old clamps, hangers, etc. will also need replacement and
you will end up getting frustrated trying to make-do with the rusty old mess.

Just my 2 cents... been there...done that.

Richard
'74 Midget
'68 MGBGT
'58 Morris Minor 1000