Sprite Mk II for sale

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sprite Mk II for sale
From: "Douglas Fisher" <dougfisher@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 14:32:52 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I saw this line in this group’s description, “Feel free to ask about
technical issues, parts and cars, either wanted or for sale” and interpreted
it to mean it is appropriate to post “for sale” notices here.  Please
forgive me if I am incorrect.

For Sale:
Austin Healey Sprite MkII
948cc
British Racing Green
Black interior

Time to clear out the storage shed!  I won’t be in the same location as the
car until next week, so I am “limited to memory” for the information I can
give now.  I will be happy to give more specific information after I get
back home where the car is stored.

I think I will probably be able to email a scanned picture to anyone who is
interested – just send me a request.

This car was restored in the early 80’s.  It has basically been in storage
since the late 80’s.  I believe the mileage is at about 76k.    It was run
periodically up until about four years ago when the master cylinder needed a
rebuild.  It has been started periodically since then.

It is a good solid car but needs all of the things you would expect from a
car that has been sitting so much (battery, tires, etc.) and I know it needs
a master cylinder replacement/rebuild.  The side curtains need to replaced
or rebuilt (rubber, 1 or 2 latches/hooks are broken).  Top is in good shape.
Interior is in good shape.  All gauges work(ed). There is a knot of rust on
the body piece where one of the doors attaches and there are some tell-tale
bubbles showing up on the back of the car behind the bumpers as I remember.

The car is in Joplin, MO, USA right now, but may be moved to Atlanta,
Georgia.  Joplin is located right in the area where the states of Missouri,
Kansas, Oklahoma and Arkansas meet.

Please call me for more information at (404) 325-9185 until Monday, August
30, 1999.  After that,  call at (417) 624-4698 until Tuesday, September 7,
1999 when I will be in Joplin for the holiday.

I will consider all reasonable offers.

Thanks,
Doug Fisher