Smoking Midget

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Smoking Midget
From: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 19:05:40 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Good evening list:

It seems that the white smoke from the Midget is coming from the ground wire
of the battery.  Apparently it is decaying, and the insulation is burning
up.  The wire was hot and sparking when I handled it.  Is this simply a
fault of an old wire, or is it symptomatic of a more sinister electrical
problem?

I'll be replacing the cable with a generic type from Autozone (I have no
reason to think that I need to purchasae the Moss Motors brand battery
cable.)  What else should I check for?

Like I said previously, I've got a fire extinguisher handy at all times...

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget (negative earth)
cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com