floorpan holes

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: floorpan holes
From: grbyrns@ucdavis.edu (Glen Byrns)
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 21:20:52 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Greetings to the list from a new member.  I'm currently restoring a 1959
Bugeye.  The previous owner had fiberglassed the floorpans.  On removing the
fiberglass, I find some oil, some oily decayed undercoating and no real rust
to speak of.  What I wonder now is, how many open holes are supposed to be
in a floorpan for drainage, if any.  Once the seat belt holes, seatrail
holes are accounted for there are several others in low spots. One has a
little spot welded diverter forward of it on the streetside of the pan.
This one looks like it belongs, but should there be others and if so where?
Thanks for your assistance.
                                     Regards, Glen Byrns