Road America-Sunday!

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Road America-Sunday!
From: Dave Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 22:43:21 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Another great day at Elkhart!  Not as many spectators as the Packers
were busy with the Vikings.  What a game!!

If you've never seen the Thicko camp the morning after, well............
again I'll have the pix on a website.  Greg "Toolman" Schultz had a bit
of a problem with a sticky valve and is searching for a 12G185 head in
time for Blackhawk in 2 weeks.  I will look tomorrow at my collection
and if anyone else can assist...........

WST was not so fortunate but I'll let him tell you what happened.

I did not take Sprite as I need to retorque the head and do the valve
clearances but I did take the Mustang GT which was fitting as I got
another ride in the Shelby GT350; this time with my son driving!  Old
dad wasn't nervous except when we started to push at corner 7 and he
forgot he wasn't in his front drive '91 Probe and let up......MORE
push!  So he nailed the throttle and man did those tires bite and we
were GONE.  I don't want to admit it but he's got a natural feel and can
tell exactly what the car is doing.  So he says, "what do think, would I
make a race car driver?"  I hesitatingly said, "yes", and after thinking
about the ramifications, "vintage racing."  This is the sport; low key,
go and drive without pressure, be safe, look out for the occasional
yahoo who thinks he's a Schumacher, and know your limitations.   The day
was good.

I hope Frank got his timing chain fixed and has a safe journey home.
LOOK OUT FOR "PIECES"
here comes Frank!!  The Joisey Flash.