Re: Oil Pressure-Cause for concern???

To: "Spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure-Cause for concern???
From: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 09:22:16 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
<Should I move to a thicker oil, say a 20W-50?>

YES.  Several of the service guides and the original glovebox manual
recommend 20W50 (as I recall) in normal weather for the 1275 Midget.  I've
aso gottn decent results from adding Rislone's Ring Sealer, a thick goopy
fluid that supposedly slows down the rate of oil consumption.  And as a side
effect, it seems to give an extra 3-5 psi of oil pressure.

BTW, somebody on the list mentioned a few weeks ago about one of the major
(nonsynthetic) oil brands that burns clear or mostly smokefree.  Which one
was it?

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget