Re: Valve Adjustments

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Valve Adjustments
From: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 09:45:29 -0800
Cc: Spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Charles,
     It is better to have valves that are loose or adjusted correctly making
noise than to have tight ones that will burn up your exhaust valves.  A little
valve noise is normal.  If you never heard it before they were too tight and the
engine wasn't breathing properly as you noticed by the power gain.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
00 Ford F-150
99 Mercedes E320W