Re: On another topic(NO LBC CONTENT)

To: toyman@htcomp.net
Subject: Re: On another topic(NO LBC CONTENT)
From: RBHouston@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 09:14:36 EST
Cc: fisher@hctc.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 12/02/1999 5:58:27 PM Mountain Standard Time,
toyman@htcomp.net writes:

>  BTW   what's up over the border round
>  your parts?? I mean I have heard of disgruntled employees but this is
pretty
>  wild!!       Brad

Well, Juarez, Ch, Mexico...is 1.5-2 million people, most of whilch work for
$5-10 per day, watched over by local police that make less than $2000 per
year, and federal police that coordinate most of the serious crime.

Drugs play a huge role, and we can take responsibillity for much of that on
our side.  If the US weren't so big and profitable a customer, the drug
cartels wouldn't have the $millions to spead around and corrupt so many
people.

A social system that has kept a few families rich, and most of the population
dirt poor has left a great breeding ground for crime too.

Sometimes when I visit cities in Mexico and see the Burger Kings, McDonalds,
and Walmarts, I forget that the vast majority there can't often aafford these
"Luxurys"
All it takes is a visit to the neighborhoods to make yourself so thankful you
were born in the good 'ol USof A.

Everyone should visit a border city sometime to appreciate what they have.

On the other hand, there are some wonderful people and beautiful places in
Mexico, it's just that socially and economically, they are 100 years or so
behind the times.

Robert Houston