Weekend help needed...

Subject: Weekend help needed...
From: "R. Toby Atwater" <Toby.1969ah.1971lc@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 00:08:01 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
    After a busy week, a good Saturday night in the sprite would have hit
the spot. I hoped in and attempted to start.... nothing.... seems like the
whole "key" circuit on the car is completely dead. Everything rigged to run
without the key work fine.

    I jimmied a little short wire to power the key circuit and I got the car
started. But obviously, the ignition light is always lit as well as the fuel
pump and I'm sure power to the coil for a long period of time is a bad
thing.

    Also I should mention my ammeter tells me there are no shorts when I
turn the key so that's not a problem.

    Could my problem just be a kaput ignition switch? If I have to replace
it, would this be a good time to replace my ignition lock? (the keys fall
out when driving, and if I grab the wrong key to go for a run in the sprite
it doesn't matter) Or would this be an even better time to install a push
button starter... those are always fun.

Thanks for your help...

Toby

Who has to figure out that damn column plastic shroud puzzle again.

71 FJ40
69 AH Sprite