Re: Rare Sprite (useless) Info

To: "Hanna, Mark" <mhanna@ball.com>
Subject: Re: Rare Sprite (useless) Info
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 20:23:56 -0500
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
"Hanna, Mark" wrote:

> Hi Frank,
> Does that mean "King Dick" contracted with Smiths Jacking Systems Ltd. ?

Mark

You made me curious so I looked into this (somewhat)
The Bugeye jacks ony have the letters BTD stamped on them.
The orange later spridget jacks were made by Shelly (ssame goes for the
Big Healeys) I have a spridget jack that still has the Shelly sticker on
it.
I bet it's worth $500 on Ebay!
I didn't think King Dick made the jacks.
But does the BTD stand for Bevelift ? ?
Or were these jacks as "new to you" in 1955 sold to another company by
the time our cars got them?
The 1955 picture is a dead ringer.

--
Frank Clarici