Re: HIF (non-fish) carb question

To: cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: HIF (non-fish) carb question
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 13:42:35 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Serious answer... really.
You've got HIFs on your Midget???
H(sidedraft) I F(integral float bowl under and part of the carb body) were
not fitted to Midgets in the US as original equipment.AFIK (they were on
later MGB's etc)
        H(side draft) S (side float bowl connected by a tube to the jet) were
original on both vintages.
Are your carbs really a lot different looking? That surprises me, anyway.
        Peter C
----