Engines running backwards

To: trunkie@hotmail.com
Subject: Engines running backwards
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 17:07:28 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I am not so sure about this and am too tired to think it out properly at
least for now.  But, I do know that it is possible for a diesel engine to run
backwards (by virtue of how the fuel injection system works).  How you do
this is to roll the vehicle backwards while engaging a forward gear to bump
start it.  The only snag is that the engine once it fires will run at near
maximum rpm because it intakes through the exhaust and exhausts though the
intake (I guess the intake butterfly restricts the exhaust somewhat or maybe
forces it open).

Daniel1312

<< I once sold a Saab two stroke 93 to a guy who mixed up the sparkplug wires