Smith's gauges and Re: Bright Moon's a comin!

Subject: Smith's gauges and Re: Bright Moon's a comin!
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 06:27:53 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hey all, back after a brief respite.  Thursday my
company announced we have been taken over by Smith's
Industries, PLC, the same Smith's of gauge fame.  It
was the first time I've ever seen an Austin Healey and
an MG in the CEO's "Here's the History of Our Company
Presentation."  I spoke to the president afterward,
and he said a lot of workers there were crushed when
Smith's sold off the gauge biz to Lucas in 1983.  He
assured me there were probably still some craftsmen at
the factory who had some spares in their drawers.

On the moon thing, in 1989 there was an extremely
close perigee, and I was living on the Long Island
Sound at the time.  The tide was unbelievably high.
If you are able to see the tide near you, check out
the water looking different than you'll ever see it
again.

=====
Ron Soave
"A Fool and His Money Can Throw One Hell of a Party"
1960 Bugeye
1972 BGT