Re: Inertia Seat Belts

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Inertia Seat Belts
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 01:59:42 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 12/21/99 1:38:21 AM, millerls@ado13.com writes:

<< Anybody have experience with the Replacement Inertia belts as sold by VB,
Moss, Etc. for the late model Midget?

What I would like to know is if they are the same length as those installed
on the later Midget's.

I installed one from a 74 Midget in the passenger side of the Bugeye because
my wife has complained about the racing belts.

It turns out that the inertia belts from the Midget are very short and will
not work except on a very skinny person.

They are installed as close to the seat as possible, which is pretty close.

If the replacement ones are the same length, does anyone know of some other
kind that will work? >>

Larry,

Do not know if this works but the fellow that we got the 66' from was going
to use the retracting belts out of an older Saab.  He said that he had
already done this with another LBC.  In this case the belt has to be
shortened.

If you try this we would appreciate knowing what you find out as we need
belts for the 66'.

Thanks

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk III (Trevor) in progress--slowly