Re: Changed Name a Bit!

To: toyman@htcomp.net
Subject: Re: Changed Name a Bit!
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 10:50:37 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 12/26/99 11:40:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,
toyman@htcomp.net writes:

<< I have found alot of difficulty trading photos and some files with AOL
users so I
 avoid them as Iget the feeling that they are not other ISP friendly, anyone
 remember what happend to Radio Shack and their unfriendly computers?    Just
my
 .02              Brad >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

AOL will work fine if you send the file as an attachment, and avoid .mim
stuff.  It is also very picky about reading html in e-mail.  I think most
people have trouble if they don't have the correct program to decode a .mim
file or open a picture.  I understand that Macs have trouble opening MS .doc
files, so it is always best to send written docs as text.  Then there are the
Unix guys who post at work!

Sending AOL e-mail to other AOL users is incredibly easy, but AOL doesn't
want to acknowledge that anybody uses any other ISP!

LBC content follows:  Had a great trip up to my parent's house for Christmas
dinner.  (80 miles each way.)  If it was just a bit warmer and I didn't have
so many packages to take, I would have taken the Midget!  (Is that close
enough?)

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget