Can do but ...Re: Need axle

To: spritenut@Exit109.com
Subject: Can do but ...Re: Need axle
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 07:38:23 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Frank,

I can do this for you though you know it will take a bit of time, including
surface shipping (about 8 weeks).  The problem with any used axle is that
they become fatigued with age and it is not necessarily 'enthusiastic'
driving that breaks them.

For axles (half shafts) that will last, your best bet is NOT to go to the
Winners Circle but TO GO to the company they use.  Any respectable gear
cutting/ racing manufacturer of axle parts can produce a copy of a broken
shaft in steel - but at a cost.  This is what I did for my car's wire wire
axle.

Alternatively fit a Spridget rear end with spacers to increase the track to
the same as the A40 if possible?

Daniel1312

<< Anybody in the UK willing to seek out an axle at the breakers yard and