Re: big brother - no lbc

To: nateley@email.msn.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: big brother - no lbc
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 16:31:19 EST
In a message dated 1/4/00 10:20:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,
nateley@email.msn.com writes:

<< http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/newsid_590000/590336.stm >>
"The device works by using global positioning satellites to pinpoint the
vehicle's exact location.
A digital road map on board the vehicle then tells the car when it is
exceeding the speed limit, allowing it to choke off the fuel supply if speed
restrictions are breached. "

This sounds like it would be easy to jimmy in our LBCs. LOL  When I first
became aware of GPS, I thought they were the cat's pajamas, being a mountain
backcountry type.  But as the intrusive government types are studying them
and coming up with all ways to spy on the individual, I wouldn't be sad if
the Russians shot the damn things down.  I always used the old trusty compass
just fine.  I recently read a story in a magazine on GPS systems--about how
not only can you find yourself and your way, but someone else can find YOU!!
That certainly took some of the affection and interest away from it.

But if they ever require me to put one on my cars, you can bet a second and
independent fuel pump and line will accompany the beast!  Yah!!

--David C.