Re: Fuel gauge sender Ohms

To: "Dan Mullis" <dmullis@Adobe.COM>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel gauge sender Ohms
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 13:17:33 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
May I make a suggestion....
Do what I've done on almost all my restos...
drain the tank...put a gallon at a time back in..
taking readings of the sensor resistance as well as what the
gauge reads.
In the past I've had way too many gauges not accurately
read what's left. I've been stranded when a guage still
read a 1/4 tank. Then again it never went above 3/4 either.
In that particular case it wasn't a sensor or gauge calibration problem,
the float was hitting the pickup tube and at the other extreme
a rather large dent in the tank caused by some P.O.
having sealed the fuel system and the tank caving in on
itself from the vacuum as fuel was sucked out.

It's the only way I'll trust to know what's really there.

Paul Tegler
OBie - '73 BGT - Daily Driver
http://www.teglerizer.com/mgstuff/ob_description.htm
Rat -'80 Spitfire  - fledgling recently left the nest
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit80.htm
Punkin' - '78 Spitfire - in Superb Shape!
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit78.htm
Lil' Greenee - '73 RWA Midget - finally home
http://www.teglerizer.com/midgetstuff/index.html
email: wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com