Re: denatured alcohol

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: denatured alcohol
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 14:57:17 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Denatured alcohol (of any specification) is regular ethanol to which is
added any of a long list of chemicals whose only purpose is to make you
severely ill without killing you.  From reports I've heard, the effect is so
horrible as to make you wish you were dead.  The additives are otherwise
inert, so that it won't affect industrial applications or chemical
reactions.  The point is so that laboratories can keep it on the shelf
without worrying about boozing employees stealing it.  And also to avoid
excise taxes on alcohol for consumption.

Regards,

Charles
B. S.  Chemistry  (I know quite a bit of BC about chemistry)
'74 Midget
'68 Sprite
cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com
Bloomfield, NJ