Re: Cooper 'S' head

To: "David Ramsey" <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Cooper 'S' head
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 19:01:35 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi David,

Presumably someone did what was needed, I don't know anything for sure
since I didn't build this one. It sure does run good though. Started on the
first pull (after I disassembled and cleaned the carbs and starter) and it
didn't even blow any smoke. I was told that the engine had been rebuilt and
that appears to be the case.

I picked up two Midgets last month, a '61 and a '75. The '61 did seem so
great when I first looked at it, but further examination reveals that it is
a very complete, mostly unmolested original car. It is rust free and only
needs some minor correction to the body panels. This car has a lot of
potential so I have decided to freshen it up before I sell it. I keep
finding out realy neat stuff about it. I wish any of the Bugeyes I've owned
were this good (intact) when I first got them. I gave it a good
powerwashing today and the original paint (protected by all the years of
road grime) underneath the hood is in remarkable shape.

I'll post some pictures when I'm a little further along.

Back to my original question... can you tell me any more about this head?

Gerard