Re: Toms Jetta--Now Avoiding Salt Spray!!

To: soavero@yahoo.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Toms Jetta--Now Avoiding Salt Spray!!
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 17:46:50 EST
In a message dated 1/9/00 4:29:39 PM Eastern Standard Time, soavero@yahoo.com
writes:

<< until
 the local salt trucks forced me to tuck it in for the
 winter  >>

I have a funny story regarding salt trucks.   My '79 is a daily driver.  We
get precious little snow here in East Tennessee, but when we are threatened,
the salt goons emerge quickly with tons of the nasty stuff to inundate our
roads with.  I had driven to work one morning and while there it began
snowing prolifically.  So much so that work was released early.  As I drove
home, making tracks inthe new snow on a 4-lane highway, I looked behind me to
see the tobacco-chewing salt goons bearing down on me spewing salt
everywhere!!!   I pulled directly in front of the dump truck and would not
let him around me--not being fond of following a truck vomiting salt nor
spraying its corrosive elements throughout my suspension and body.  It had to
be hilarious to an onlooker, as when he would change lanes, I would change in
front of him. LOL  He finally pulled over to turn around and pollute the
return lanes.

---David C.