Re: Speedometer/Odometer puzzlement

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speedometer/Odometer puzzlement
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 02:26:15 EST
In a message dated 1/9/00 4:24:44 PM, cartman@dnai.com writes:

<< Ran into an interesting situation while driving the little guy today.  I
noticed that the speedometer was way off (like about 50 MPH over!!!).  But
interestingly enough, the odometer was dead on!  I thought that the same
gears ran both, but I guess not!  Any ideas on what to do, and if it is home
repairable, or do I need to take it in?  That was a real surprise.  Any
input is appreciated.  Thanks! >>

Greg,

The odometer is gear driven but the needle is magnetic coupled.  Do not know
what goes out of whack with the magnetic coupling but they do go out.  Have
no suggestions for repair other than a speedometer repair shop.

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV indiguise)
1966(7) Sprite Mk III (in progress)