Cheap parts Re: Rumor?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Cheap parts Re: Rumor?
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 14:21:22 EST
List,

My experience has been that cheap always works out more expensive in the long
run.  I would rather buy ball joint rubbers (track ends to you guys?) that
last than cheap ones that disintegrate and need replacing all too frequently.

I would rather buy a genuine BL oil filter with a built in magnetic particle
trap than a cheap imitation without.

I would rather buy my parts from the retailer that manufactures them than the
retailer that buys wholesale and then marks up the price more than the
original retailer.

As far as parts supply goes I consider that I am very well informed on where
most parts originate from, especially so performance parts, and companies
like MOSS claim the credit for many parts when in fact they just squeeze
other retailers and manufacturers profit margins and pass parts off as their
own.  Of course they are not alone in this and this is a great loss because
it stifles the development of new and improved products.

I could go on and on..

Daniel1312

In a message dated 12/01/00 18:22:53 GMT Standard Time, adrian@workgroup.net